日治時期 Japanese colonial Period (1912~1945)
July 5, 1912: The Auxiliary Industrial Institute of the Education Affairs Office of the Civil Administration Department was established by the Taiwan Governor General Office in Ta-an Precinct, Tachiana District, Taipei Prefecture (current site). Mr. Kichijiku Kumamoto was appointed as the President. The Institute, consisting of three departments: Woodcraft, Metalwork and Electrical Engineering, ushered in an era of industrial education in Taiwan.
June 23, 1914: The Institute was renamed Taiwan Governor General Office Industrial Institute.
July 18, 1918: Taiwan Governor General Office Industrial Institute was established, providing five-year degree programs to students whose nationality was Japanese. The degree programs included Mechanical Engineering, Applied Chemistry and Civil Engineering.
April 1, 1919: Taiwan Governor General Office Industrial Institute was renamed Taiwan Public Taipei Industrial Institute.
April 1, 1921: Taiwan (Public Taipei) Industrial Institute was renamed Taipei Prefecture Taipei First Industrial Institute admitting students of Japanese nationality. Taiwan Public Taipei Industrial Institute was renamed Taipei Prefecture Taipei Second Industrial Institute, admitting Taiwanese students. The campus was shared by two school systems.
April 1, 1923: Taipei Prefecture Taipei First Industrial Institute and Taipei Prefecture Taipei Second Industrial Institute were merged as Taipei Prefecture Taipei Industrial Institute , consisting of five departments: Electrical engineering, Architecture, Applied Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, and Civil Engineering.
April 1, 1937: The Department of Mining was established in Taipei Prefecture Taipei Industrial Institute.
April 8, 1919: The Taiwan Governor General Office established Industrial Technician Development Institute , providing evening program.
工職時期 Provincial Taipei Vocational School of Industry （1945~1948）
December 31, 1945: The school was renamed Taiwan Provincial Taipei Vocational School of Industry. Both primary and advanced levels of programs were provided, consisting of six departments: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical and Mining. Mr. Te-san Tu was appointed as the first President.
January, 1946: The One-year Subsidiary Program for Intermediate-Level Technicians was established in Taiwan Provincial Taipei Vocational School of Industry .
September 1, 1946: Mr. Shih-an Wang succeeded as the President.
October 1, 1946: Mr. Chuo-chien Chien succeeded as the President.
工專時期 Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology
August, 1948: The school was promoted and renamed Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology providing five-year associate degree programs, admitting junior high-school graduates to study in the fields of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
The One-year Subsidiary Program for Intermediate-Level Technicians was renamed Provincial Taipei First Technician Development School.
November 1, 1948: First day of school, later official observed as the day of anniversary.
December, 1948: The Subsidiary Technician Program of Mechanical Engineering of Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology was established.
July 25, 1949: Mr. Po-yen Ku succeeded as the President.
August, 1949: The Departments of Chemical Engineering and Metallurgical Engineering were established.
October, 1949: Provincial Taipei First Technician Development School was renamed Provincial First Affiliated Vocational School .
September, 1950: The Department of Civil Engineering was established.
September, 1951: The Department of Civil Engineering established the two-year degree program.
1952: The Department of Chemical engineering established the two-year degree program.
December 4, 1952: Mr. Hsi-shang Sung succeeded as the President.
1953: The Department of Mechanical, Electronical and Textile Engineering established the three-year degree program. Two-year associate degree program was abolished.
May 11, 1953: Mr. Tai-kuang Kang succeeded as the President
August 1, 1954: The Departments of Civil Engineering and Chemical Engineering established the three-year associate degree program.
1957: The Subsidiary Technician Program of Mechanical Engineering of Taipei Institute of Technology was renamed Taipei Subsidiary Technician Development Program in Affiliated School at Taipei First Affiliated Industrial School.
February 10, 1958: Mr. Tan Chang succeeded as the President.
July 7, 1961: The Department of Mechanical Engineering and Electronic Engineering established the two-year associate degree program.
August, 1963: The Department of Electrical Engineering Department established the two-year associate degree program.
February 18, 1965: Mr. Kuo-hua Chao succeeded as the President.
August 1, 1965: The Evening School was established.
1966: The Department of Industrial Engineering of the three-year associate program was established. The Departments of Industrial Engineering and Industrial Design established the two-year associate degree program. August, 1966: The Industrial Design Division of the Department of Civil Engineering was merged into the Department of Industrial Design.
June 13, 1967: The Departments of Metallurgical Engineering and Electronic Engineering established the three-year associate degree program.
March 1, 1971: The Computer Center was established.
August 1, 1971: The Department of Textile Engineering was renamed the Department of Fiber Engineering.
December 30, 1971: Mr. Chih Tang succeeded as the President.
1972. Industrial Training Division of the Department of Electrical Engineering was established.
The Open School, consisting of two departments: Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering, was established.
The Center for School-Industry Cooperation at Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology was established
February 1, 1973: In association with Taiwan Telecommunication Bureau, a Telecommunication cohort program was launched.
1975: The Department of Industrial Design of the three-year associate degree program was established.
July 20, 1977: The four departments: Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical and Industrial Engineering were established at the Affiliated School of Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology.
August 1, 1979: The division programs of Textile & Fiber Engineering, Fiber Engineering, and Chemical Fiber Engineering were renamed Industrial Textile Engineering and Textile Chemistry
October, 1980: First degree Diploma granted to Mr. Shih-shih Yu.
July, 1981: Taiwan Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology renamed National Taipei Institute of Technology.
1983: The Department of Nuclear Engineering of the two-year program was established, launching as the first nuclear program in Taiwan, a two-year school-industry cohort program.
December 31, 1984: Mr. Wen-hsiung Chang succeeded as the President.
1987: The three-year associate degree program of Architecture Design was established.
The Department of Industrial Engineering was renamed the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management.
February, 1987: The Center for Alumni Liaison was established under the Office of Career Development.
August, 1987: The Division Program was separated from the Department of Industrial Design to establish the Department of Architecture Design.
July 31, 1988: The Department of Metallurgical Engineering was renamed the Department of Materials and Resources Engineering.
August 1, 1989: Mr. Tien-chin Chang succeeded as the President.
August 8, 1990: The Planning Committee for National Taipei Institute of Technology was approved by MOE and established for promotion.
June, 1991: Establishing the center for Automation Technology to integrate the consolidated efforts and resources from the four departments of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Industrial Engineering.
January 25, 1992: The proposal for second campus at Wanli Township, Taipei county was approved by MOE.
August, 1992: The Electro-Optical Technology Center was established.
技術學院 National Taipei Institute of Technology
August 1, 1994: Promoted to National Taipei Institute of Technology , consisting of ten departments: Mechanical Engineer ing, Elect r ical Engineer ing, Chemical Engineering, Materials and Resources Engineering, Civil Engineering, Textile Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Design and Architecture Design.
Two-year and three-year associate degree programs were discontinued. Five-year associate program continued.
May 1, 1995: The Institute of Mechatronic Engineering, the first graduate institute, was established.
August 1, 1995: Center for General Education was established, headed by GE director.
August, 1995: Chairs to eleven departments were selected.
Office of Continuing Education was established
September 29, 1996: The land for the second campus in Wanli Township, Taipei County was acquired, marking a new era for the institute.
April 25, 1997: Awards granted by MOE to the institute: Outstanding Services and Contributions, Excellent Teaching, Best Administration, Distinguished Faculty and First-degree Evaluation.
科技大學 National Taipei University of technology
August 1, 1997: The National Institute of Technology was renamed National Taipei University of Technology and three more graduate institutes were established: consisting of four colleges: Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Design, and Management, and four departments: Institute of Computer, Communication and Control Engineering, Institute of Civil and Disaster Prevention Engineering, and Institute of Production System Engineering and Management. Two undergraduate programs were established: Department of Vehicle Engineering and Department of Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Engineering.
November 1, 1997: Vice President Lien-Chan visited and congratulated on the University's First Anniversary.
July, 1998: The Affiliated School was promoted to Affiliated College of Extension Study, providing three-year bachelor degree programs to admit students with associate degree.
August 1, 1998: The five-year associate degree programs were discontinued.
August 19, 1998: Establishing four graduate programs: the Graduate Institute of Technological and Vocational Education, the Graduate Institute of Electrical and Energy Engineering, the Graduate Institute of Materials and Mineral Resources Engineering, the Graduate Institute of Commerce Automation and Management.
July, 1999: The Affiliated College of Extension Study was renamed the Affiliated College of Extension and continuing Education .
July 15, 1999: The Center of Innovation and Incubation was established.
August 1, 1999: Establishing six graduate programs: the Graduate Institute of Manufacturing Technology, Graduate Institute (of) Refrigeration and Cryogenic Technology, Graduate Institute of Electro-Optical Technology, Graduate Institute of Biochemical and Process Engineering, Graduate Institute of Organic and Polymeric Materials and Graduate Institute of Architecture and Urban Design were added.
Establishing two two-year bachelor degree programs: the Department of Business Management and the Department of English.
February, 2000: The ISO Accreditation Project Team launched to strengthen administrative efficiency.
Establishing the Center of Water Environment Research.
March 3, 2000: The Millennium Monument Unveiling Ceremony hosted by the President Tien-chin Chang. Words engraved on the monument by the University Vice-President Wen-fang Yen: "Participating in the past civilization and technology development, we pledge to continue our pursuit of excellence for high human development."
August 1, 2000: Establishing six graduate programs: Graduate Institute of Vehicle Engineering, Graduate Institute of information Engineering, Graduate Institute of Automation Technologies, Graduate Institute of Environment Planning and Management, Graduate Institute of Innovation Design and Graduate Institute of Chemical Engineering.
Establishing one bachelor degree program: the department of Industrial Engineering.
2001: Emeritus Professorship awarded by the University Faculty Review Board to Professor of the Graduate Institute of Technological and Vocational Education, Prof. Chi-luo Meng.
May 15-18, 2001: Celebrating the University's Ninetieth Anniversary on the theme of "Hand-in- Hand Journey Through History" The series of activities included Campus Photograph, Exhibition and Panel Discussions. Honorary Senior Advisors of the President Yun-hsuen Sun, Minister of Justice Ting-nan Chen, and Taipei Deputy Mayor Chin-te Ou attended and shared their experiences.
August 1, 2001: Establishing the Doctoral Degree Program of Graduate Institute of Engineering Technology, two-year program of the Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering and Department of Electro-optical Engineering.
2002: The "Silicon Nano Device Research Center" was established.
The Department of Molecular Science and Engineering was established.
Emeritus Professorship awarded by the University Faculty Review Board to Professor of Department of Electronics, Jui-Tsai Wang and Department of Materials and Resources, Yu-ching Wu.
2003: Emeritus Professorship awarded by the University Faculty Review Board to Professor of Department of Electronics, Wen-fang, Yen, Graduate School of Technological and Vocational Education, Wen-hsiung, Chang and Department of Chemical Engineering, Wen-hsiung, Chang.
August 1, 2003: Establishing the Doctoral Degree Program of Electrical Engineering and Computer Communication and Control.
December 19, 2003: The Center of EMO Materials and Nanotechnology was established.
February 2, 2004: Dr. Tsu-tien Lee succeeded as the President. The Presidential Inauguration Ceremony was overseen by Deputy Minister of Education Mu-lin Lu, and attended by Mr. Ming-hui Kao and the members of the alumni association and executives and associates of the university.
July, 2004: Dr. Ho-tung Chang, passed the doctoral degree examination of the Graduate Institute, was awarded the first Ph. D. degree bestowed by the University.
August 1, 2004: Establishing the Departments of Information Engineering, Electro-Optical Engineering, Operation Management of the four-year program. The technical college of the two-year program was discontinued. The doctoral programs of Technical and Vocational Education and Electro-Optical Engineering were established.
October 1, 2004: The orientation ceremony of the "Gambian Petroleum in Material and Mineral Resources Engineering", a pioneering program in Taiwan, marked the era of international education cooperation.
February 1, 2005: Establishing the Arts Center.
August 1, 2005: Establishing the doctoral programs of Information Engineering, Industrial and Business Management and the on-the-job master program of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
2June 23, 2006: Honorary Doctoral Degrees award to Alumni Me. Hung-yu Lin and Mr. Kung-yuan Sung at the 2006 commencement ceremony.
August 1, 2006: The College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science was established.
The Alumni Liaison Center was established.
The doctoral programs of Graduate Institute of Design, the master program of Graduate Institute of Resources Engineering and the bachelor programs of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Technology, Engineering Technology and Creative Design were established.
2007: The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence in Northern Region was established.
The doctoral programs of Energy and Refrigerating Air-Conditioning Engineering and Organic and Polymeric Materials were established.
September, 2007: Establishing the "Gambian Information Technology Elite Program."
August 1, 2008: Establishing the master program of Dept. of English, the doctoral program of Industrial Engineering and Management and the "Gambia Civil Engineering Program."
2009: The doctoral programs of Materials Science and Engineering. Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology were established.
The Master programs of Interactive Media Design and Information and Logistics Management were established.
The Honorary Doctor was awarded to alumnus Mr. Lung-tsai Yen.