工專時期 Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology（1945~1994）
December 31, 1945: The school was renamed Taiwan Provincial Taipei Vocational School of Industry. Both primary and advanced levels of programs were provided, consisting of six departments: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical and Mining. Mr. Te-san Tu was appointed as the first President.
民國三十五年一月，成立臺灣省立臺北工業職業學校附設一年制中級技術生養成所。 九月一日，王石安先生接任校長。 十月一日，簡卓堅先生接任校長。
January, 1946: The One-year Subsidiary Program for Intermediate-Level Technicians was established in Taiwan Provincial Taipei Vocational School of Industry . September 1, 1946: Mr. Shih-an Wang succeeded as the President. October 1, 1946: Mr. Chuo-chien Chien succeeded as the President.
民國三十七年八月，奉令升格為臺灣省立臺北工業專科學校，初設五年制機械、電機兩科。 原臺灣省立臺北工業職業學校附設一年制中級技術生養成所改稱為臺灣省立臺北第一工業技術練習生養成所。十一月一日，開學上課，定為本校校慶紀念日。 十二月，成立臺北工業專科學校機械科附屬技工訓練班。
August, 1948: The school was promoted and renamed Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology providing five-year associate degree programs, admitting junior high-school graduates to study in the fields of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. The One-year Subsidiary Program for Intermediate-Level Technicians was renamed Provincial Taipei First Technician Development School. November 1, 1948: First day of school, later official observed as the day of anniversary. December, 1948: The Subsidiary Technician Program of Mechanical Engineering of Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology was established.
民國三十八年七月二十五日，顧柏岩先生接任校長。 八月，增設五年制化學及礦冶兩科。 增設三年制電機科電力及電訊兩組，電訊組後併入電子科。 民國三十八年十月，原臺灣省立臺北第一工業技術練習生養成所改稱為臺灣省立第一工業職業補習學校。
July 25, 1949: Mr. Po-yen Ku succeeded as the President. August, 1949: The Departments of Chemical Engineering and Metallurgical Engineering were established. October, 1949: Provincial Taipei First Technician Development School was renamed Provincial First Affiliated Vocational School .
September, 1950: The Department of Civil Engineering was established. 1951 民國四十年九月，增設二專土木科。 September, 1951: The Department of Civil Engineering established the two-year degree program.
1952: The Department of Chemical engineering established the two-year degree program. December 4, 1952: Mr. Hsi-shang Sung succeeded as the President.
1953: The Department of Mechanical, Electronical and Textile Engineering established the three-year degree program. Two-year associate degree program was abolished. May 11, 1953: Mr. Tai-kuang Kang succeeded as the President
August 1, 1954: The Departments of Civil Engineering and Chemical Engineering established the three-year associate degree program.
1957: The Subsidiary Technician Program of Mechanical Engineering of Taipei Institute of Technology was renamed Taipei Subsidiary Technician Development Program in Affiliated School at Taipei First Affiliated Industrial School.
February 10, 1958: Mr. Tan Chang succeeded as the President.
July 7, 1961: The Department of Mechanical Engineering and Electronic Engineering established the two-year associate degree program.
August, 1963: The Department of Electrical Engineering Department established the two-year associate degree program.
February 18, 1965: Mr. Kuo-hua Chao succeeded as the President. August 1, 1965: The Evening School was established.
民國五十五年，增設三專工業工程科。 增設二專工業工程科及工業設計科。 民國五十五年八月，本校土木工程科工業設計組建築組併入工業設計科。
1966: The Department of Industrial Engineering of the three-year associate program was established. The Departments of Industrial Engineering and Industrial Design established the two-year associate degree program. August, 1966: The Industrial Design Division of the Department of Civil Engineering was merged into the Department of Industrial Design.
June 13, 1967: The Departments of Metallurgical Engineering and Electronic Engineering established the three-year associate degree program.
民國六十年三月一日，成立電子計算機中心。 民國六十年八月一日，紡織工程科更名為纖維工程科。 民國六十年十二月三十日，唐智先生接任校長。
March 1, 1971: The Computer Center was established. August 1, 1971: The Department of Textile Engineering was renamed the Department of Fiber Engineering. December 30, 1971: Mr. Chih Tang succeeded as the President.
民國六十一年，增設二專電機科工業訓練組一班。 成立空中高工補習學校，設機工、電工二科。 成立臺灣省臺北工業專科學校附設建教合作中心。
1972. Industrial Training Division of the Department of Electrical Engineering was established. The Open School, consisting of two departments: Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering, was established. The Center for School-Industry Cooperation at Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology was established
February 1, 1973: In association with Taiwan Telecommunication Bureau, a Telecommunication cohort program was launched.
1975: The Department of Industrial Design of the three-year associate degree program was established.
July 20, 1977: The four departments: Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical and Industrial Engineering were established at the Affiliated School of Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology.
August 1, 1979: The division programs of Textile & Fiber Engineering, Fiber Engineering, and Chemical Fiber Engineering were renamed Industrial Textile Engineering and Textile Chemistry
October, 1980: First degree Diploma granted to Mr. Shih-shih Yu.
July, 1981: Taiwan Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology renamed National Taipei Institute of Technology.
1983: The Department of Nuclear Engineering of the two-year program was established, launching as the first nuclear program in Taiwan, a two-year school-industry cohort program.
December 31, 1984: Mr. Wen-hsiung Chang succeeded as the President.
民國七十六年，增設三專建築設計科。 工業工程科更名為工業工程與管理科。 二月，本校實習輔導室 成立校友聯絡中心。 八月，工業設計科建築設計組獨立為建築設計科。
1987: The three-year associate degree program of Architecture Design was established. The Department of Industrial Engineering was renamed the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management. February, 1987: The Center for Alumni Liaison was established under the Office of Career Development. August, 1987: The Division Program was separated from the Department of Industrial Design to establish the Department of Architecture Design.
July 31, 1988: The Department of Metallurgical Engineering was renamed the Department of Materials and Resources Engineering.
August 1, 1989: Mr. Tien-chin Chang succeeded as the President.
August 8, 1990: The Planning Committee for National Taipei Institute of Technology was approved by MOE and established for promotion.
June, 1991: Establishing the center for Automation Technology to integrate the consolidated efforts and resources from the four departments of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Industrial Engineering.
January 25, 1992: The proposal for second campus at Wanli Township, Taipei county was approved by MOE. August, 1992: The Electro-Optical Technology Center was established.